Facilitated playgroups run during a variety of times during the week and with a variety of themes. We offered a number of playgroup programs through out the year within the City of Camrose and our rural outreach area. Programs change quarterly.
The type of playgroups we offer include:
• Programs for new parents and their newborns.
• Programs for older babies and toddlers, with their parents.
• Science base playgroups called Messy Madness.
• Wednesday and Friday drop in program in the fieldhouse.
• Evening programs for families that work during the day.
• Cooking classes for families called Lil Chefs.
• Art programs for budding artists and their families.
• Infant Massage and Child Massages programs including one for daddies and babies only.
• Pure Mother goose programs.
• Traditional playgroup using Early Childhood Development principles such as songs, rhymes, activities, crafts and stories.
• MEND program for families with children 2-4, to assist in healthy eating for families.
Rurally we run playgroups in 12 locations throughout the County of Camrose, the County of Flagstaff and the County of Beaver. These communities included: Bawlf, Daysland, New Norway, Bashaw, Hardisty, Forestburg, Killam, Tofield, Viking, Holden, Roundhill, and Ryley.
With access to our two PLAY Vans, we are now able to take the Resource and Toy Library and gross motor equipment with us to each rural location, as well as the ASQ and ASQ-SE screens. As well, access to information and support is readily available from the van and staff. We also have many guest professionals attend these groups to provide information, referrals and to connect with parents.
Both centres will be closed from 11:30am on Dec 21 to Tuesday January 2, 2018. Both centres will be open for drop in play on January 3, regular times.
Winter Registration for Programs
Saturday January 6, 2018 10:00-2:00pm Call 780-672-0141 (do not leave a message, keep calling!) or stop by and register at 4516-54 Street.